05 February 2008

super tuesday

Tomorrow in my state (Minnesota) we are caucusing for Presidential candidates & I am in a quandry. I was all about John Edwards & my plan was to stand up for him tomorrow night at my caucus site. But he's dropped out and I am a truly undecided voter heading to the polls.

Hillary Clintron
I don't know about her. Once upon a time I thought she was so neat, I even read her autobiography in two days. A strong & admirable woman indeed. But, she's a little too slippery. And as my grandfather says, "She has her feet in the past and her hands in special interests."

Barack Obama
I remember when Barack Obama spoke at the '04 DFL National Convention. It was magical & I secretly wished he was our candidate then thinking we would be sure to win with such a dynamic person on the ticket. Now he could be and I could support him, and I always planned to in the event that Edwards dropped out, but the debate on MLK day made me feel unsure. The sparring between he & Clinton made me leary.

A friend recently urged me to think back on my initial response to both candidates when I first learned of them, and then of their presidential campaign. I am doing this and this, I believe will help me come to the conclusion for tomorrow night.

If you need to know where your caucus is tomorrow night, go here for DFL and here for GOP.

xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment