22 September 2008

We Are The World.

Remember this?

It's been years since I've seen this & I get a little chill watching it. I'd forgotten just how many artists were a part of this - and, so many of my favorites are featured: Stevie Wonder, Cyndi Lauper (her rendition is my favorite), Willie Nelson, Bruce Springstein, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie, Ray Charles..and did you see Michael Jackson! I love that he's the only artist who gets a head to toe pan in the video. It was that style of his (& he produced the project).

I think I watched this video everyday of my 2nd grade school year. We learned the sign language for the chorus and we stood in music class for hours signing along with the video in the dark only to walk back to our classroom holding hands and singing it some more. I look back on those days fondly.

This video made me want to be a part of the music industry and that desire is probably what kept me in piano lessons through college. They were all so different from one another but seemed to be such good friends having a great time together. I wanted that.

For more about this go here & Wikipedia will tell you all about it. & if you want, I'll teach you the signs next time we see each other - I still remember them.

xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment