27 February 2010

It's a Bit Easier Now, Thanks.

Someone I barely know asked how me how Asha was today and I realized that in the blogosphere I left this bleak and sad thing hanging with no follow up.

For those cat peeps and other animal lovers out there here's an update.

It's gotten a bit easier as she is home. She is not her old self as I was expecting, or maybe just hoping, but I see glimpses of it every once in a while. And I've had to come to terms with the fact that she may not ever be her old self completely.

I have to give her insulin twice a day which is not as difficult as I thought it would be and thanks to advice & tips offered on various websites dedicated to Feline Diabetes I am getting better at it every day.

All in all I am quite lucky. Asha is the best cat I have ever had in my 31 years and until now has had never a reason to go to the vet aside from annual vaccinations. And I am in a place where while it's a slight pinch in my finances to have her medical needs looked after it is not out of the question.

xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment