10 August 2008

taken over by bees.

Currently flying around my house are a wasp & two bees.

Why don't you simply kill them, Dahli? One might ask.

Well, because I hate killing insects (unless its a clothes eating moth) it just doesn't seems fair to them. So I typically coax any insect who has found their way into my abode into a cup and throw it outside where it belongs. All done, see you later Centipede! By the way, do you know that when a leg of a centipede is somehow severed it keeps moving for at least five minutes? I learned that first hand last week when attempting to coax a very skittish centipede out of our bathtub. It ended up outside, but lost a leg or two in the process. I was fascinated by that discovery,

Handsome Randy however, was not.

Back to the bees.

Bees & Wasps sting. I have been stung more times in my life than I can count, including being chased by a swarm of bees when I was ten years old & subsequently stung at least 15 times (yes we counted & I do still remember - you don't forget things like that). So, I just try to let them be(e). But this can be difficult. Last week there was a bee that hung out in our upstairs bathroom on my contact lens case for a good two days. This proved to be difficult & I did sleep in my contacts the first night, the second night, HR bravely entered the bathroom and retrieved all necessary toiletries for me. He kept offering to kill the bee, I told him no, just leave it. But then, I relented when in the middle of the second night when i had to pee and the bee was sitting on the toilet seat. HR kindly plodded out of bed, collected the bee & flushed it down the toilet. And you know what's crazy? I felt a little bit guilty.

xoxx

3 comments:

  1. Many stings take place during the fall
    months. Reason being, bees and wasps are cold blooded insects and they linger
    around people and pets in order to absorb the body heat, therefore increasing
    the chances of getting stung for both.
    Last week, I witnessed a 4 year old girl with her hand and forearm swollen
    to her elbow, from a wasp sting that she received to her fingertip the day
    before. The sight of her hand and arm brought tears to my eyes because I knew
    that if she had had
    Baker's Venom Cleanser
    available when she was stung, none of her discomfort
    would have elevated to that extreme point of swelling and discomfort.
    Our web site www.BeeStingCure.com
    has under gone some new additions worth taking a look at. Old
    news commentary video footage from 1988 has been added to
    YouTube.com/BeeStingCure
    and the link is available at our site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Rarely is spam so informative!

    I love that you feel badly about killing insects. :) I find that I feel differently depending on the location. If I am in their habitat, I let them be. If they are in mine, and mine is in the city, I squish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny. That spam was quite informative, indeed! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete