18 February 2009

Paris + my mom + the real housewives...

Tonight I have kind of a lot to blog about...Blahg Blahg Blahg.

First & foremost. PARIS!
After I last wrote I took the train with bleary eyed commuters to Champs-Elysse. I got off the train & was immediately approached by an elderly woman walking with a cane. She spoke quickly with great agitation to me in French and in French I told her I was sorry but I didn't speak very much French.

"BAH!" Lots of French & AMERICANS & more French. I laughed & marveled at the famous street I was walking down in hour just before sunrise all the while singing the song from JR high french class, "Oh, Champs-Elysse..."

I arrived at L'Arc d'Triomphe & walked all the way around snapping photos along the way. Every early morning jogger who passed me would cause me to think, "Wow! They live in PARIS!" Needless to say, I was enamored by the city.

I walked back to the train and rode to Hotel Deville. I walked over the Siene & returned to Notre Dame. 8am Monday morning is so very different than 4pm on Sunday afternoon. It was quiet, nearly empty with the exception of those there to attend morning Mass. I walked back to Hotel Deville and found a cafe to eat my final French meal: a chocolate croissant and coffee. I ordered in French & was replied to in French which was so validating of my French speaking skills..and then back to the hotel to get ready to fly home.

********************************************

Next.
I stopped by my mom's house the last night & was taken aback by her living room. It has been overtaken by Tiffany Lamps. Four very beautiful Tiffany lamps grace the presence of my mother's lovely mission style bungalow living room. I asked her what was going on and she non chalantly replied that there was a really good sale & she couldn't pick (3 for under $100 total - that is pretty good). She asked my advice & I told her that I would relocate 2 of the four to other rooms. She agreed but then gave me a long list of reasons why she couldn't...so I giggled & called her the Tiffany Lamp Lady. She laughed & said, "Well, better than cats!".

********************************************

And finally.
The Real Housewives of Orange County 08-09 season ended tonight. While the traditional reunion episode airs next week, I count the season as being over. I am so glad. The cattyness was annoying & the endless ripping on Gretchen was so tiring. In the end, Gretchen was my favorite and it was the constant berating of her on Tamra's part that has led me to almost despise the show. almost.

xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment